TERMS AND CONDITIONS
RATES OF ACCOMMODATION AND DEPOSIT
Rates are quoted in South African Rand and are inclusive of VAT and breakfast. Rates are subject to confirmation and availability and may change without prior notice. All reservations are subject to terms and conditions on check-in, right of admission reserved.
BOOKINGS AND CANCELLATIONS
Subject to the prevailing terms and conditions of any third party agency through whom the booking has been made, the following conditions will apply for any direct bookings with Huguenot House:-
- We require a 50% deposit from guests to secure a reservation
- No show or cancellation on the day of arrival forfeits 100% of total stay
- Cancellations 7 days before arrival will forfeit 50% of the booking fee
- Cancellations 7-14 days before arrival will forfeit 25% of the booking fee
- Cancellations more than 21 days before arrival: full refund
- An administration fee will apply to any refund and will be deducted from the booking fee
- Please note that we do consider a cancellation on merit, if it is truly beyond the guests’ control, and will charge accordingly
- In the event of a premature departure, the full extent of the stay, as originally booked and confirmed, will be charged.
We accept Mastercard and Visa credit/debit cards, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT’s) and cash. We may not accept any foreign currency. The credit card used to confirm a reservation is required to be presented on check-in at Huguenot House. In the event of the cardholder not travelling, a valid form of ID is required to be presented.
- Check-in: from 14h00 – 18h00
- Check-out: 10h00 – late check-outs are only possible if the rooms are not reserved for the following day and by prior agreement with Huguenot House
- Late arrivals: special arrangements for key collection must be made in advance with Huguenot House
- Early arrivals: early check-ins are only possible if the room is ready for occupation and by prior agreement by Huguenot House. If not, you are welcome to leave your luggage at the Guest House while you head out or enjoy our facilities until your room is ready.
- Room keys will be handed over to the guest after payment and administration during work hours.
- Please hand the room key to reception upon departure
We regret that no children only under the age of thirteen (13) years old are allowed
Huguenot House has a no pet policy.
Breakfast is served between 08h00-10h30. If you require a different timing for breakfast, please advise us on arrival. Breakfast can be enjoyed on the veranda or in the dining room.
VALUABLES & SECURITY
Although the Huguenot House management takes responsible steps to ensure the safety and security of all guests and their possessions, guests retain final responsibility for their own safety and security. A safe is provided for in your rooms with instructions for the setting of individual codes for security. Guests are requested to keep their rooms locked at all times when absent.
No cigarette buds, cotton buds, tampons, sanitary pads or any other material, other than toilet paper, may be flushed down the toilet. Charges will occur for any blockage.
Smoking is forbidden inside the Guest House. Smoking is permitted in the designated smoking areas, please use the ashtrays provided.
NOISE AND DISTURBANCE
No loud music is allowed and guests are to ensure that there is no noise or disturbance of guests after 22h00
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Guests agree on behalf of themselves and the members of their parties that neither the establishment, its owners, employees nor agents shall be responsible for any injury or death of any person or the loss or destruction of or damage to any property upon the premises, whether arising from fire, theft or any cause and by whomsoever caused or arising from the negligence (gross or otherwise) or wrongful act of any person in the employment of the Guest House. Any damage caused by the guests to property and premises due to bad behavior or carelessness, or keys lost and replaced for security reasons will be for the guests account.
We strongly recommend that all clients be insured against possible cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, loss or theft of personal belongings etc.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
South African law shall govern the validity, construction and performance of these conditions. Huguenot House and the persons named on the booking form agree that any dispute between them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African Courts.